5 key reasons why US Contractors are turning to Powerproject for better, faster scheduling
What are the 5 key reasons why US Contractors are turning to Powerproject for better, faster scheduling?
1. Easy to use
2. Superior presentation of project plans for clear reporting and simpler printing
3. Cost effective with shared licensing and a free Project Viewer for those needing just read only access
4. Mobile app for easy progress updating from site
5. Easy integration with other software
Easy to use
• Users choose Powerproject because getting started is easy.
• Draw and link tasks intuitively from within the Gantt chart quickly and easily using the mouse, to rapidly develop your plan.
• Task pools and code libraries make it easy to build and visualize your plan in minutes.
• Construction-specific project templates are provided with pre-set reporting codes, calendars, resources and costs so you can get up and running quickly.
• Perform unlimited ‘undos’, even after a ‘save’ or ‘reschedule’.
Superior presentation of project plans for clear reporting and simpler printing
• Powerproject puts you in control, letting you tailor the project plan to suit your audience using customizable views, simple printing, and powerful reports.
• Customize the borders around your plan with flexible header and footer page surrounds, including your own logos and references.
• Show only those parts of the plan that are relevant by turning different aspects of the bar chart on and off, e.g. float, critical path, holidays, links, etc.
• Highlight important information by adding annotations such as text, pictures, color shading JPG and GIF graphics.
• Gain total control over printouts: you define where you want the page to break; what you see on screen is what is printed; and there is no white space on printouts.
Cost effective with shared licensing and a free Project Viewer for those needing just read only access
• If you have multiple users, you can purchase a concurrent license. This means that users can access the same license across the network at different times.
• A 10-user concurrent license could be used by 30+ people, so you only need to buy 10 licenses not 30.
• This makes Powerproject very cost effective.
• You don’t have to pay anything to just look at Powerproject files. The free Project Viewer enables anyone to open and print Powerproject plans at no cost.
• Use the Project Viewer to read Microsoft Project files and Oracle Primavera files for free too!
Mobile app for easy progress updating from site
• The Site Progress Mobile app works directly with Powerproject to enable flexible, site-to-office progress reporting to record project progress quickly and easily via mobile devices.
• Update progress at any time, from any location. No signal needed to record progress values, only when submitting updates.
• Improve accuracy by removing need for re-keying of progress updates from paper notes or emails.
• Record actual dates for events, not just the percentage complete.
• Take photographs and record notes which can be associated with particular tasks or build stages.
Easy integration with other software
• Work with files from other software and redistribute the project in the format your client needs.
• Open files from other software systems such as Microsoft Project and Oracle Primavera.
• Save Powerproject files into formats that can be opened in such systems.
• Easily exchange data with people working on different software if you need to.
• Templates are provided for opening files from other formats, giving the user a more familiar presentation of their project data.
The power behind successful projects: book a free demo to experience Powerproject by Elecosoft.