Data Assistant – IconSystem
Working within the IconSystem team, the Data Assistant will maintain the content and quality of data on behalf of clients using IconSystem to specified deadlines and offer a first-line user support helpdesk service.
At Elecosoft our focus is the delivery of effective software solutions for our clients who include seven of the UK’s top 10 retailers such as Asda, Sainsbury’s and Next. We deliver the best products because we employ the best people and this is the opportunity for you to become part of our dynamic and flexible team of technical experts.
- Analysing, editing and inputting information provided by clients into IconSystem.
- Competently using Microsoft Office products for a variety of tasks.
- Converting digital information into web-friendly data formats.
- Actively participating in office-based meetings with clients and colleagues.
- Delivering accurate and good quality work in accordance with defined standards.
- Meeting deadlines by delivering tasks defined by managers.
First Level User Support
- Taking incoming user support calls, resolving support issues.
- Resolving user account queries.
- Logging reported faults into Elecosoft’s in-house ticket system following fault logging procedures.
- Providing an excellent level of customer support and satisfaction.
Office Tasks and Administration
- Undertake administrative tasks as requested and in accordance with office requirements.
- Undertake other duties as necessary and that are deemed appropriate to the post.
A good standard of advanced education.
- At least one year’s experience in an office-based environment.
- To hold a GCSE qualification in English at grade B or above (or an equivalent qualification).
- Excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills oral and written.
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as knowledge of and experience of using database driven software applications.
- Educated to A-level standard/BTEC or equivalent or above.
To be able to work flexibly when the workload demands.
To be able to travel to other locations if necessary.
- To be self‐motivated with sufficient drive and enthusiasm to ‘get the job done’ on time, on budget and to an excellent standard.
- Inspiring and motivational to colleagues.
- To have a professional attitude with clients and colleagues.
- To be committed to the aims of the organisation.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confidence with ability to display initiative.
- A team player.
The normal working hours are 37.5 hours per week. From time to time, you may be required to work additional hours to fully perform your job in accordance with the needs of the business.
The main working location is Elecosoft’s Market Harborough office, but the role may involve travel to other Elecosoft offices, client’s offices, and other locations as necessary in line with the needs of the business.
Closing date for applications is: 01 October 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.