Finance and Operations Manager
As the first Finance Manager, you’ll own the finance and operations responsibility for Elecosoft LLC based out of Austin TX.
Reporting to the US Managing Director, and acting as a member of the leadership team, the Finance Manager will coordinate and manage the flow of financial requests and information between staff and the bookkeeper, between agency and grantors; coordinate and review all grant billings and monthly financial statements; serve as the contact person for all grantor financial communications. Serving as an integral member of the management team, the position is responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures within our financial structure that improve efficiency, performance, transparency, oversight, strategic decision-making, audit practices, and compliance with funding requirements.
- Perform basic accounting and bookkeeping functions.
- Put together P&L accounts.
- Prepare balance sheets.
- Run forecasts from and projections based on data provided.
- Run month-end journal adjustment.
- Experience with billing and invoicing.
- Manage relationship with customers and vendors alike.
- Basic understanding of sales tax and reporting of the same.
- Ability to perform debt collection by contacting the payers.
- Liaison with the bank and perform basic banking functions.
- Manage relationship with payroll and benefits provider.
- Perform other office operations duties as needed.
- Manage office and staff expenses and bill payments.
- BA in Accounting or equivalent.
- 2+ years in accounting and finance
- Proficiency with finance software such as Oracle NetSuite preferred
- Must have proficiency on MS Excel
- Experience in a start-up and SaaS environment is a plus.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong initiative required to be successful in role.
- Ability to work occasionally outside of regular business hours to accommodate overseas team.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent communication, customer service and time management skills.
- Highly developed organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Able to work flexibly in a changing environment
- Able to use own initiative
- Able to manage P&L
- To be self‐motivated with sufficient drive and enthusiasm to ‘get the job done’ on time, on budget and to an excellent standard.
- Inspiring and motivational to colleagues.
- To have a professional attitude with clients and colleagues.
- To be committed to the aims of the organisation.
- A willingness to acquire new and relevant technical skills and to keep abreast of developments in the IT industry.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confidence with ability to display initiative.
- A team player.
- The normal working hours are 40 hours per week. From time to time, you may be required to work additional hours to fully perform your job in accordance with the needs of the business.
- The main working location is Austin TX and the role may involve travel to other Elecosoft offices, industry events, client’s offices, and other locations as necessary in line with the needs of the business.
Closing date for applications is: 30 December 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.