Software Developer – Staircon
We are looking for a Developer for Staircon, a software for the design and manufacture of stairs. Staircon is growing rapidly and is used by hundreds of customers around the world.
At Elecosoft, you will be part of a SCRUM team that works together to develop a software suite for the design and production of stairs. Today it consists of a CAD part for design, a CAM part for production and a web application for visualization and ordering of stairs. An important task will be to design and develop the next generation of our CAD software.
In order to enjoy developing Staircon, we therefore believe that it is important that you have an interest in 3D graphics programming and / or CAD / CAM software.
Development and support of Staircon is conducted in Skellefteå, Sweden where most of your future contact network is located. We also have resellers and colleagues in other countries with whom you will communicate in this service.
- Product development and maintenance
- Delivery of development projects in accordance with specifications
- Working to deadlines and providing accurate and timely information relating to current projects
- Continually looking for software improvements and ongoing product evolution
- Communicating development updates
- Seeing opportunities to develop technical and product knowledge
- Undertaking system releases, including out of hours when required
- Effectively communicating rollout activity
- Participating in defining the technical practices for the team to focus on quality and efficiency for software delivery
- Workload planning and internal operations
- Adhering to documented workflow processes
- Ensuring personal timesheet compliance, accuracy and timely completion
- Taking responsibility for personal development by setting and achieving personal targets and identifying personal training needs
- Attending and leading, where appropriate, meetings with colleagues
- Suggesting areas for improvement of internal processes and procedures
- Undertaking general administrative tasks and other duties deemed appropriate to the post.
A Computer Science degree or equivalent other relevant technical or commercial experience.
- Good working knowledge of Swedish and English languages
- Is a technical developer with expertise in GUI development and the ability to visualize objects in 3D.
- Has the ability to perform structured design
- Can drive and complete development points
- Has expertise in C # and C ++
- Merit is if you have mathematical talent with knowledge in linear algebra, matrices, vectors and search and optimization algorithms.
- If you also have previous experience and knowledge in the development of CAD software, this is seen as very advantageous.
We work in a cross-functional team, you will find solutions together with developers, sales and support staff who represent the users.
As a person, you enjoy taking advantage of others’ knowledge while sharing your own, in order to achieve the best possible results as a team.
- Highly developed organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Able to think creatively and to provide new ideas and solutions to problems
- Able to work flexibly in a changing environment
- Able to use own initiative.
- To be self‐motivated with sufficient drive and enthusiasm to ‘get the job done’ on time, on budget and to an excellent standard
- Inspiring and motivational to colleagues
- To have a professional attitude with clients and colleagues
- To be committed to the aims of the organisation
- A willingness to acquire new and relevant technical skills and to keep abreast of developments in the IT industry
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Confidence with ability to display initiative
- A team player.
The normal working hours are 37.5 hours per week. From time to time, you may be required to work additional hours to fully perform your job in accordance with the needs of the business.
The main working location is Elecosoft’s Skellefteå office, but the role may involve travel to other Elecosoft offices, client’s offices, and other locations as necessary in line with the needs of the business.
Closing date for applications is: 21 May 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.