Software Developer – ShireSystem
Working within the technical team the Software Developer will be involved with all aspects of the development process primarily following an Agile methodology encompassing Domain Driven Development, programming and unit testing.
The candidates primary focus will be to help develop and design all future ShireSystem software, driving adherence to ‘best of breed’ Software Design Patterns.
On occasion they may need to help with existing applications and development such as integration projects, bug fixing and performance profiling. There is the opportunity to get into Mobile Development (Xamarin) should the candidate be interested, but this is not a required skillset.
The candidates primary focus will be to help develop and design all future ShireSystem software, driving adherence to ‘best of breed’ Software Design Patterns. On occasion they may need to help with existing applications and development such as integration projects, bug fixing and performance profiling. There is the opportunity to get into Mobile Development (Xamarin) should the candidate be interested, but this is not a required skillset.
- Product development and maintenance
- Participating in the design, development, installation, maintenance of software systems and Dev-Op Pipelines.
- Implementing new functionality, defining and following coding standards
- Performing unit and integration testing
- Delivery of development projects in accordance with specifications
- Working to deadlines and providing accurate and timely information relating to current projects
- Continually looking for system improvements and ongoing product evolution
- Communicating development updates
- Seeing opportunities to develop technical and product knowledge
- Investigating and fixing faults
- Undertaking system releases, including out of hours when required
- Effectively communicating rollout activity
- Participating in defining the technical practices for the team to focus on quality and efficiency for software delivery
- Closely following the practices and principles committed to as an example to team members
- Identifying and advocating learning and knowledge sharing to ensure the team grow and improve by keeping up to date with new technology where appropriate
- Workload planning and internal operations
- Planning and managing personal time and productivity targets as defined by the Software Development Manager
- Adhering to documented workflow processes
- Ensuring personal timesheet compliance, accuracy and timely completion
- Taking responsibility for personal development by setting and achieving personal targets and identifying personal training needs
- Attending and leading, where appropriate, meetings with colleagues
- Complying with and helping to enforce standard internal policies and procedures
- Suggesting areas for improvement of internal processes and procedures
- Undertaking general administrative tasks and other duties deemed appropriate to the post.
A Computer Science degree or equivalent other relevant technical or commercial experience.
- C# .net core
- Web API
- Unit Testing
- API Security (OAuth etc)
- CSS, HTML, Microsoft SQL Server (TSQL, Profiling)
- JavaSacript/TypeScript or Angular/React or other Web Development Experience.
- Azure (Microservices/Azure AD)
- Experience of working as part of a team
- CQRS, Repository, MVC, MVVM or other relevant design Patterns
- Experience of Agile development methodologies
- Azure Dev Op Pipelines
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience of Domain Driven Development
- Highly developed organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Able to think creatively and to provide new ideas and solutions to problems
- Able to work flexibly in a changing environment
- Able to use own initiative
- To be self‐motivated with sufficient drive and enthusiasm to ‘get the job done’ on time, on budget and to an excellent standard
- Inspiring and motivational to colleagues
- To have a professional attitude with clients and colleagues
- To be committed to the aims of the organisation
- A willingness to acquire new and relevant technical skills and to keep abreast of developments in the IT industry
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Confidence with ability to display initiative
- A team player.
The normal working hours are 35 hours per week. From time to time, you may be required to work additional hours to fully perform your job in accordance with the needs of the business.
The main working location is Elecosoft’s Southampton office, but the role may involve travel to other Elecosoft offices, client’s offices, and other locations as necessary in line with the needs of the business.
Closing date for applications is: 30 July 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.